Bad breath is often a symptom of a deeper underlying ailment. Bad breath, often referred to as halitosis, is the result of very unpleasant odors coming from your mouth. These odors are often caused by bacterial buildup within your mouth, but can also be the result of something more. Listed below are a few tips you should know about bad breath to help you understand what may be the cause of yours:
– Respiratory tract infections and kidney and liver issues can result in bad breath.
– One of the best treatments for bad breath is mouthwash, as it can help rinse away harmful bacteria and food residue that are the cause of many bad breath issues.
– Bad oral hygiene can cause bad breath, specifically the collection of plaque in your mouth.
– Medications that produce dry mouth as a symptom can result in bad breath.
– Avoid nasty habits that can contribute to bad breath, such as smoking or chewing tobacco.
– Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, can result in bad breath.
– Bad breath is most often caused by effortless brushing and flossing, or lack thereof.
If you would like to set up an appointment with Dr. Steven Rodriguez at our dentist office in Barton City, Michigan, please call us at 989-736-7000. Our team at Healthy Smiles Dental Care™ of Jewell Lake looks forward to keeping your breath fresh and your smile in pristine condition.